other topics: use search box
For more than 10 years, Marburn Academy has been offering free educational seminars to central Ohio parents of children who learn differently.
These seminars offer scientifically based and state-of-the-art information about the best ways to teach bright children who learn differently throughout the school year. Parents of children who struggle in school are invited to take advantage of this unique opportunity to learn information about teaching and learning which they might not find from any other source.
Seminars begin at 7:00 pm, and take place at the Academy.
- September 11: “When Children Struggle with Reading: Is It Dyslexia?”
- September 24: “How a High School Designed Specifically for ADHD Students Can Make All the Difference” (This is a new topic)
- October 9: “Solving Reading Problems
- October 30: Understanding the Problems of ADHD Children” & “How to Teach Self-Management to Distractible, Impulsive Students” (2-Part Seminar)
- December 11: “How To Get High School to Work for ADHD Students (and How To Get ADHD Students to Work In High School)
- January 15, 2013: “Early Identification and Early Intervention for Reading Problems: Why Wait for Failure?”
- February 12: Correcting Persistent Spelling Errors: the Sources of and Solutions to the Problems”
- March 5: “Getting It Down on Paper: The Solutions to Student Writing Problems”
- April 9: “AHDH Students and the Role of Medication”
- May 9: “Solving Math Learning Problems”
- June 11: “Understanding the Problems of ADHD Children” and “How to Teach Self-Management to Distractible, Impulsive Students” (2-Part Seminar)
Marburn Academy offers these seminars free to parents of children with learning disabilities every year. Feel free to invite friends and neighbors who could benefit from this information.
Marburn Academy is located at 1860 Walden Dr, Columbus OH 43229
Orton-Gillingham tutoring in Columbus OH: Adrienne Edwards 614-579-6021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org