other topics: use search box
If you are part of a school, library, museum, business, website, or other organization that is doing something truly unique and innovative to help foster a love of reading — or if you know someone who is —
You might be a perfect candidate for the National Book Foundation’s Innovations in Reading Prize!
To see a list of past Innovations in Reading Prize winners, and to download the 2012 application, please visit the National Book Award website at http://www.nationalbook.org/innovations_in_reading.html
Here are some reasons to apply:
- It’s free! There’s no entry fee.
- It’s easy! Just fill out the application, write a short essay, and solicit one or two reference letters (depending on if you’re self-nominating or nominating someone else) from people familiar with your work.
- You could win money! Winners receive $2500 each to put toward their programs.
- The National Book Association will tell the world about you! They’ll publicise your program via their website , press releases, eNewsletter, and Facebook and Twitter feeds.
- They will fly you to New York City! As part of the prize, winners receive an all-expenses paid trip to New York to attend a special luncheon at the Ford Foundation, where they will present their work to funders and other people in the field, as well as the National Book Awards Ceremony and Benefit Dinner at Cipriani Wall Street.
- There’s plenty of time! The postmark deadline for application materials is February 21, 2012.
The foundation wants you to know that this is sponsored by a generous grant from Levenger.
Orton-Gillingham tutoring in Columbus OH: Adrienne Edwards 614-579-6021 or email email@example.com