other topics: use search box
A reading tour of young Chinese poets celebrates “Push Open the Window: Contemporary Poetry from China” (Copper Canyon Press. The book is a bilingual anthology that features over one hundred poems by some of China’s finest poets born after 1945.
The poets are Xi Chuan, Zhou Zan, Li-Young Lee, Maurice Kilwein Guevara, Marilyn Chin. Forrest Gander and Michael Wiegers will host at two events. Not all poets will be at every venue.
- September 29, Seattle WA. Seattle Asian Art Museum, 7:00 p.m.
- October 1, Port Townsend WA. Wheeler Theater, Fort Worden, 7:00 p.m.
- October 4, Chicago IL. Poetry Foundation, 7:00. Reading with Li-Young Lee and Maurice Kilwein Guevara.
- October 6, Iowa City IA. Prairie Lights, 15 Dubuque St. 7:00 p.m.
- October 10, New York NY. Unterberg Poetry Center, 92nd St Y. 8:15 p.m. Reading with Marilyn Chin and Li-Young Lee; hosted by Forrest Gander.
- October 12, Washington DC. Library of Congress, 8:15 p.m. Reading followed by discussion with Michael Wiegers.
Xi Chuan has published five collections of poetry and serves as editor of Dangdai Gouji Shitan (Contemporary Poetry International).
Zhou Zan edits Wings, a journal of contemporary Chinese poetry written by women.
Visit http://www.coppercanyonpress.org. The preeminent non-profit independent publisher of poetry in the US, Copper Canyon Press connects the works of emerging, established, and world-renowned poets with diverse and expanding audiences.
tutoring in Columbus OH: Adrienne Edwards 614-579-6021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org