other topics: use search box
The Learning Disability Association (LDA) of Ohio is offering a scholarship to recognize and assist individuals with learning disabilities who want to pursue a post secondary education are job training.
Two scholarships of $400.00 will be awarded to qualified individuals who reside in the state of Ohio. The award may be used for tuition.
- Applicant must have attended or be presently attending a private, parochial or public school in Ohio.
- Applicant must be identified as a person with a learning disability.
Scholarship awards are competitive. A committee made up of the Executive Board of LDA of Ohio will select the recipients. Notification of selection will be mailed to the recipients by June 5, 2011. Selection of scholarship recipients will be based on the following factors:
- Academic achievement
- Demonstration of leadership, initiative and responsibility
- Consistent effort toward self-improvement
- Potential for benefiting from the additional education or job training
Applications must be post-marked by April 30, 2011. Please send to LDA of Ohio, 4115 S. Charleston Pike, Springfield OH 45502.
Application Must Include
- The Application form
- Three letters of recommendation from references listed on the application. One of the letters must be written by a person who can verify that the applicant has been identified as a person with a learning disability (counselor, principal, LD teacher)
- Transcript of grades
More information, phone LDA of Ohio (937) 325-1923 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (President Mary Ellen Martin)
The application asks for name, birthday, address, phone, best time to reach you, email address and applicant’s school. It asks you to respond to these questions:
- How does your learning disability affect your learning?
- What steps do you take to make sure you gain the information you need to learn?
- Please list the name of the school(s) you are planning to attend.
- Please tell about your career goals. (What are you planning to study?)
- Please list school and community activities.
- Please list three references. (Enclose letters of recommendation)
tutoring in Columbus OH: Adrienne Edwards 614-579-6021 or email email@example.com