other topics: click a “category” or use search box
Lynn University in Boca Raton Florida will hold a one-day conference titled Transitions 2011, High School to Higher Education: Options for Students with Learning Differences.
The conference will be held at Lynn University’s Keith C and Elaine Johnson Wold Performing Arts Center on January 28, 2011, from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
The conference is iIntended for education leaders, guidance counselors, teachers, educational consultants, parents and students.
- Rick Lavoie, internationally renowned learning difference expert and author
- Gaston Caperton, president of the College Board,
- Kathryn Jarvis, director of academic services at Auburn University
- Marsha Glines, dean, Lynn University Institute for Achievement and Learning
- Marybeth Kravits and Imy F Wax, authors of The Princeton Review K & W Guide to Colleges for Students with Learning Differences
- Peter Lake, professor, Stetson University College of Law
- Robin Lurie-Meyerkopf, associate director of The Asperger’s Association of New England
- Ari Ne’eman, president, Autistic Self Advocacy Network and member of the National Council on Disability
- Ketty Patino Gonzalez, specialist in psychoeducational and developmental assessments of individuals on the autism spectrum
- Theodore Wasserman, neuropsychologist and associate dean at Lynn University Institute for Achievement and Learning
- Helping the Childe with Learning Differences Find Social Success
- Intentionality, Planning and Mentoring: for Student Success
- Academic Study Strategies for College Bound Students with Learning Disorders: The Measured Millennials
- Transitioning from High School to College
- Many Colleges, Many Services
- Helping Our Children Before They Go to College
- The Motivation Breakthrough: 6 Secrets to Turning on the Tuned-Out Child
- Re-Engaging Parents in the College Experience
- Millennials: Through the Gates and Into the Workplace
- Interviewing at Colleges and Scared Stiff: Prep Me Now!
- Make It Simple: How to Know Which Support Program Works Best From the Student’s Perspective
- Hiring an Educational Consultant: Everything You Need and Want to Know and What to Ask
- Understanding the Brain and Learning
- Supporting College-Bound Students With Asperger Syndrome
- Testing and Documenting the Need for Accommodations in College
Contact Angelina Juliano at 561-237-9000, or email email@example.com.
Accommodations at the Wyndham Garden Boca Raton (http://WyndhamGardenBocaRaton.com) which is approximately 1 mile from Lynn University.
tutoring in Columbus OH: Adrienne Edwards 614-579-6021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org