other topics: click a “category” or use search box
The Delaware County Board of Developmental Disabilities and Delaware area schools are presenting a Transition Fair.
- OLENTANGY LIBERTY HIGH SCHOOL
- FEB 8, 2010
You will find information to help your student transition from high school into their future.
Representatives will be able to discuss
- Career & Technical Education programs
- Parks and Recreation Programs
- Day Habilitation Options
- Independent Living Supports
- Bureau of Vocation Rehabilitation
- Estate Planning and Special Needs Trusts
- Special Olympics
- Financial Supports
- Employment Supports
- Transportation Options.
Find answers to these questions:
- What do I (as a parent) need to do to help my student prepare for the future transition?
- Does the student communicate effectively their interests, preferences and needs?
- How do I help my student make social connections?
- Who do I contact from my school?
- What are some of the resources provided?
- How does a student become eligible for agency services?
- What age does my student have to be to become eligible for services?
- Is the student working on skills that will enable him/her to be an independent worker?
- What does a job coach do? How do I get one?
- Is the student prepared for the transportation needs they will have in the future?
- What career and technical training programs are available?
- Where is the student going to live upon graduation and is he/she prepared for this?
- What services can assist a student to handle medical and financial needs?
Note: If Olentangy Schools are closed due to weather, the event will be cancelled.
Olentangy Liberty High School is located at the intersection of Home Road and Sawmill Parkway: 3584 Home Road, Powell.
tutoring in Columbus OH: Adrienne Edwards 614-579-6021 or email email@example.com