other topics: click a “category” or use search box
From EduHound‘s “Classroom Tools & Tips,” sites for teaching Hispanic heritage.
Each year, Americans observe National Hispanic Heritage Month from September 15 to October 15, by celebrating the histories, cultures and contributions of American citizens whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Carribean, and Central and South America.
- National Hispanic Heritage Month @ The Library of Congress — A portal that brings together the exhibits and features of their various offices that highlight Hispanic Heritage. http://www.loc.gov/topics/hispanicheritage/
- Hispanic Heritage Month: National Register of Historic Places — This site highlights various properties listed in the National Register, travel itineraries, education lesson plans and National Parks that deal directly with the cultural and political experiences of Hispanic Americans. http://www.nps.gov/history/nr/features/hispanic/index.htm
- National Hispanic Heritage Month @ EDSITEment — EDSITEment celebrates the history and artistic heritage of the Hispanic people whose cultural heritage has roots in Europe, Africa, and the Americas. http://edsitement.neh.gov/monthly_feature.asp?id=145
- Smithsonian Latino Center — By facilitating the development of exhibitions, research, collections, and educational programs at the Smithsonian and its affiliated organizations, the Center turns a powerful spotlight on Latino heritage and culture in our country. http://latino.si.edu/
- NMAH: Mexican America — Features a sampling of objects from the collections of the National Museum of American History (NMAH). The stories behind these objects reflect the history of the Mexican presence in the United States. http://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/group_detail.cfm?key=1253&gkey=100
- Spanish Colonial Research Center — Contains a computerized data base from Spanish Colonial documents to serve the research needs of the National Park Service’s Spanish Colonial Heritage sites as well as other appropriate federal, state and local organizations. http://www.nps.gov/history/spca/index.htm
source: Eduhound’s Classroom Tools & Tips, an EduHound newsletter, offers valuable ed tech resources to incorporate into K-12 curriculum. Educational topics, preformatted templates, technology tutorials and practical tips are featured. Judi Rajala says let her know what topics you’d like covered: JRajala@eduhound.com . In addition, send your templates.
tutoring in Columbus OH: Adrienne Edwards 614-579-6021 or email email@example.com