other topics: click a “category” or use seearch box
Parents in central Ohio are fortunate because Marburn Academy in Columbus has expanded their popular Free Community Parent Seminar Series for 2009-2010.
For over eight years, Marburn Academy has been offering parents of children with learning differences access to state-of-the-art identification and remediation information that isn’t available anywhere else in Central Ohio.
Parents who have attended these seminars have learned about the many unique and innovative programs Marburn has introduced to our area.
They have also gained valuable insight into appropriate instructional approaches that work best for teaching reading, writing, spelling, math, and organizational skills to bright children with learning differences such as dyslexia and ADHD.
Seminar Dates and Topics
- September 8, 2009 — “When Children Struggle With Reading: Is It Dyslexia?”
- October 6, 2009 — “Solving Reading Problems””
- October 20, 2009 — “Understanding the Problems of ADHD Children” (part 1 of a series)
- November 17, 2009 — “Improving Self-Management Skills for ADHD Students” (part 2 of the series)
- January 12, 2010 — “How to Get High School to Work for ADHD Students (And How to Get ADHD Students to Work in High School)”
- February 9, 2010 — “Early Identification and Early Intervention: Why Wait for Failure?”
- March 2, 2010 — “Correcting Persistent Writing and Spelling Problems: Sources of/Solutions to the Problem”
- April 6, 2010 — “ADHD Students and the Role of Medication”
- May 4, 2010 — “Solving Math Learning Problems”
- June 15, 2010 — “Understanding the Problems of ADHD Children” (part 1 of a series)
- June 21 — “Improving Self-Management Skills for ADHD Students (part 2 of the series)
All seminars are held at the school — 1860 Walden Drive, Columbus OH 43229. They are held on Tuesday evenings from 7:00 -9:00 pm.
All are free to parents of children who learn differently. Cost to professionals who attend: $40.00.
tutoring in Columbus OH: Adrienne Edwards 614-579-6021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org