other topics: click a “category” or use search box
From EduHound’s “Classroom Tools and Tips,” here are sites to learn about our National Archives & Records Administration:
- 75 Years of National Archives & Records Administration (NARA) History — Find out about defining moments in the agenciy’s history through the decades with photo galleries, personal stories, and notices of events throughout the nation. http://www.archives.gov/publications/prologue/2009/summer/history.html
- NARA: Teaching With Documents — Contains reproductible copies of primary documents from the holdings of the National Archives of the US; teaching activities correlated to the National History Standards and National Standards for Civics and Government; and cross-curricular connections. http://www.archives.gov/education/lessons
- NARA: Educators and Students — Explore vast resources and find a treasure trove of reproducible primary sources, lesson plans correlated to national standards, and cross-curricular connections from the National Archives. http://www.archives.gov/nae/education/
- NARA: Online Exhibits — Explore NARA’s extensive collection of online detailed exhibits. http://www.archives.gov/exhibits-list.html
- National Archives Experience: Digital Vaults — Browse through the hundreds of photographs, documents, and film clips and discover the connection between some of the National Archives’ most treasured records. http://www.digitalvaults.org
- Our Documents: 100 Milestone Documents from the National Archives — This site is filled with photos and info on all 100 featured documents. http://www.ourdocuments.gov
Topical: STEM Resources (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Directed at Girls
The EduHound Newsletter also highlights the National Girls Collaborative Project (NGCP). Their Web site (http://ngcproject.org/index.cfm) is designed to reach and bring together STEM organizations which serve girls. These organizations, across the US and Puerto Rico, are committed to informing and encouraging girls to pursue careers in STEM.
It provides a database that lists organizations and programs so they can network and share program descriptions; it lists resources available within each program, program needs, and contact information.
source: EduHound Weekly’s “Classroom Tools and Tips,” which provides valuable ed tech resources to incorporate into K-12 curriculum. Educational topics, preformatted templates, technology tutorials, and practical tips are featured. To suggest topics or share your templates email Judi Rajala: JRajala@eduhound.com
tutoring in Columbus OH: Adrienne Edwards 614-579-6021 or email email@example.com