other topics: click a “category” or use search box
From EduHound’s “Classroom Tools & Tips,” Web sites for teaching about Apollo 11.
The Apollo 11 mission, launched on July 16, 1969, was the first manned mission to land on the Moon.
- We Choose the Moon: Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Lunar Landing — Watch the Apollo 11 mission recreated in real time on the web, follow Twitter feeds of transmissions between Mission Control and the spacecraft, and even get an email alert when the lunar module touches down. http://www.wechoosethemoon.org
- NASA – Apollo 40th Anniversary — The Apollo 40th Anniversary website details and celebrates the many accomplishments of the Apollo Program. http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/40th/index.html
- John F Kennedy Space Center – Apollo 11 — Explore this collection of materials relating to the Apollo 11 mission, including an impressive collection of images. http://www-pao.ksc.nasa.gov/kscpao/history/apollo/apollo-11/apollo-11.htm
- Apollo 11 @ Smithsonian Institution — An interesting exhibit about Project Apollo created by the National Air and Space Museum. http://www.nasm.si.edu/collections/imagery/apollo/AS11/a11.htm
- Americans in Space — Provides materials, resources, and activities that will help you explore the US Space program. http://www.jfklibrary.org/Education+and+Public+Programs/For+Students/Materials+Resources+and+Activities+for+Students/Americans/in+Space/Americans+in+Space.htm
- Echoes of Apollo — Celebrate the Apollo missions on the 40th anniversary of Apollo 11’s moon landing with these NASA video segments describing what occurred during the mission. http://echoesofapollo.com/resources/nasa-pages/
- Apollo 11 Flight Plan — Explore the flight plan for Apollo 11 at the National Archives, which was a minute-by-minute time line of activities for the mission crew. http://www.archives.gov/historical-docs/document.html?doc=19&title.raw=Apollo%2011%20Flight%20Plan
source: EduHound’s “Classroom Tools & Tips,” a newsletter that provides valuable ed tech resources to incorporate into K-12 curriculum. Educational topics, preformatted templates, technology tutorials and practical tips are featured. Judi Rajala says suggest a topic you’d like covered. Also send a template you’d like to share. Email JRajala@eduhound.com
tutoring in Columbus OH: Adrienne Edwards 614-579-6021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org