other topics: click a “category” or use search box
This week from EduHound’s “Clasroom Tools and Tips,” the topic is engineering.
On May 13, 2009, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) will celebrate its anniversary: 125 years of ingenuity and innovation in engineering and technology.
- TryEngineering.org — The site is a resource for students (ages 6-18), their parents, their teachers and their school counselors. http://www.tryengineering.org
- TryScience.org — Features a gateway to experience the excitement of contemporary science and technology through on- and offline interactivity with science and technology centers worldwide. http://www.tryscience.org
- PreK-12 Engineering — This web site is a free resource for educators and administrators who are looking to integrate engineering concepts and activities into preK through 12th grade classrooms. http://www.prek-12engineering.org
- TeachEngineering.com — This K-12 teacher resource helps teachers enhance learning, excite students and stimulate interest in science and math through the use of hands-on engineering. http://www.teachengineering.com
- Alliance for Innovative Manufacturing at Stanford University: How Everyday Things Are Made — AIM has developed an introductory web site for kids and adults showing how various items are made. It covers over 40 different products and manufacturing processes, and includes almost 4 hours of videos. http://manufacturing.stanford.edu
- SWE: Internet Activities Center — Each activity includes: grade appropriate materials on science or engineering, a list of materials, instructions, graphics, the National Science Standard which the activity supports, and a fun interactive quiz or activity to check your knowledge. http://www/swe/org/iac
- NASA’s Engineering Design Challenges Program — Provides hands-on engineering challenges for students in middle and high school. These challenges are free for anyone and are downloadable off the Internet. http://edc.nasa.gov
source: EduHound’s “Classroom Tools & Tips” newsletter, offering valuable edtech resources to incorporate into K-12 curriculum. Find educational topics, preformatted templates, technology tutorials and practical tips, as well. Suggest topics, or share a template to Judi at JRajala@eduhound.com
tutoring in Columbus OH: Adrienne Edwards 614-579-6021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org