other topics: click a “category” or use search box
The State Support Team Region 11 has published its new 2009 Directory. Among other things, find the 2009 College/University Resource Directory, as well as the 2009 Summer Camp Directory.
GO TO www.cositpd.org
CLICK on publications
The directories are there as PDFs.
What Is a State Support Team?
The State Support Team Region 11 (SST 11) is a new agency. It combines regional services provided by the former Central Ohio Special Education Resource Center (COSERRC) and Central Ohio Regional School Improvement Team (CORSIT).
As one of Ohio’s 16 SSTs, SST 11 will provide services and assistance to school districts, educational service centers, community schools, early childhood centers, and families, in four areas:
- School Improvement, designed to improve educational outcomes for all students, including students with disabilities and at risk learners.
- Special Education Compliance with federal and state mandates for serving students with disabilities and students at risk for school failure.
- Literacy services that include coaching on high-quality literacy planning, instruction, and assessment.
- Early Learning and School Readiness, focused on compliance and high-quality instruction through technical assistance and professional development.
The Mission of the SST 11
The SST 11 will help school districts build their capacity to plan and implement school improvement processes that close achievement gaps in reading, math and sub-group performance.
- Improve the achievement of children and youth with disabilities and children at risk of being identified as disabled, by assisting educators and families in the development and delivery of specially designed instruction aligned with Ohio’s academic content standards.
- Assist districts and agencies in complying with federal and state laws and regulations, to ensure the full participation of children and youth with disabilities in the school community.
- This mission supports the vision of the Ohio Department of Education by providing processes, products and services designed to assist those responsible for closing the achievement gap for all children in the Central Ohio region.
SST 11 works through the Ohio Department of Education’s Offices for Exceptional Children, Literacy, Early learning and School Readiness, and Field Relations, by providing technical assistance and professional development.
Web address for Educational Service Center of Central Ohio: www.escofcentralohio.org
tutoring in Columbus OH: Adrienne Edwards 614-579-6021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org