other topics: click a “category” or use search box
From EduHound’s “Classroom Tools & Tips” this week, the topic is NATO at 60 years.
This year marks the 60th anniversary of NATO, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization; the alliance of 26 countries from North America and Europe committed to fulfilling the goals of the North Atlantic Treaty signed on April 4th, 1949.
- NATO’s 60th Anniversary 1949-2009 — Features historical information and interactive timelines containing additional resources relating to NATO. http://www.nato.int/60years/index.html
- NATO: Education — Offers an array of background material to help teach NATO and security-related issues. http://www.nato.int/education/home.htm
- NATO: Virtual Exhibits — On a regular basis, NATO organizes exhibitions at NATO Headquarters in Brussels, which they also invite you to vist “virtually.” http://www.nato.int/events/events.htm
- EDSITEment: The Formation of the Western Alliance, 1948-1949 — This lesson traces the Berlin Blockade and airlift of 1948-49 and the establishment of NATO. http://edsitement.neh.gov/view_lesson_plan.asp?id=687
- NATO and Russia: Will the Expansion of NATO Cause a New Cold War? — This role-playing lesson encourages students to explore the history and purpose of NATO and of the Soviet Union and Russia in order to determine the effect of the past on contemporary European politics. http://score.rims.k12ca.us/activity/nato_russia/
- nationalgeographic.com: Xpeditions, International Alliances — This lesson has students learn the history, mission, function, and geographical range of six international alliances. It then asks them to research opposing viewpoints concerning these alliances and to consider the reasons why some people want to reform or disband these organizations. http://www.nationalgeographic.com/xpeditions/lessons/12/g912/eurounion.html
source: EduHound’s “Classroom Tools& Tips” Newsletter, which offers valuable ed tech resources to incorporate into K-12 curriculum. Also educational topics, preformatted templates, technology tutorials and practical tips. To receive the newsletter, to suggest topics or to offer your own templates, email Judi at JRajala@eduhound.com .
tutoring in Columbus OH: Adrienne Edwards 614-579-6021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org