other topics: click a “category” or use search box
Twice each year, the Central Ohio Branch of the International Dyslexia Association (COBIDA) offers a $500 scholarship to a dyslexic student receiving scientifically proven, multisensory structured language education (MSLE).
In the spring (April) and in the fall (November), the Scholarship Committee accepts applications. To receive an application call the COBIDA helpline at 614-899-5711, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The award will be given to applicants that the committee feels will most benefit from the assistance, based on any of the following criteria: educational profile, appropriateness of selected intervention, applicant age, financial need and personal family commitment to remediation.
- must be between 5 and 18 years of age
- diagnosed with a specific learning disability, language disability and/or dyslexia
- be receiving or about to receive tutoring in MSLE based therapy to improve reading, writing and/or spelling
Follow These Steps
- fill out the parent portion of the application
- have the instructor fill out the tutor portion of the application (which can be mailed separately)
- attach a short narrative which addresses questions such as how your family has dealt with learning issues, what effect the scholarship would have on your future, and any other information you would like them to know
- copy child’s testing (multi-factored evaluation team report or special education testing); if you don’t have a copy, contact your school district’s special education office or the school psychologist and request one; testing conducted by a private psychologist will also be accepted; these must include an academic achievement test such as the Woodcock-Johnson Psycho-Eduational Battery (WJ-R or WJ-III)
Send the completed application and copy of the testing to
The Cobida Scholarship Committee c/o Precise Resources, Inc., 635 Parkmeadow, Suite # 213, Westerville OH 43081
Applications will be received twice a year in April and November, and must be postmarked by the first day of the month when it is due. Applicants will be notified by May 1 or December 1, respectively, as to whether or not they are the recipient of a Cobida Student Scholarship.
Each student scholarship will be awarded in the form of direct payment to a service provider that has been trained and supervised in multisensory structured language education (MSLE) in accordance with the guidelines of the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators (AOGPE), the Academy of Language Therapy Association (ALTA), the International Multisensory Structured Language Education Council (IMSLEC), or appropriate training in multisensory structured language strategies as determined by the scholarship committee.
tutoring in Columbus OH: Adrienne Edwards 614-579-6021 or email email@example.com