other topics: click a “category” or use search box
The latest topic from Eduhound’s “Classroom Tools and Tips” is New York, which is celebrating its 400th anniversary of Henry Hudson and Samuel Champlain’s voyages along the river and like that bear their names.
It’s also the 200th anniversary of Robert Fulton’s successful steamboat voyage, which inaugurated steam commerce on the Hudson River.
- Explore New York 400: Hudson Fulton Champlain — This site engages the public, as well as civic, education, environmental, cultural and heritage organizations; the goal is to develop and support related plans and activities that focus attention on the history, culture, and natural resources of New York State. http://www.exploreny400.com
- NY State Education Department Champlain/Hudson/Fulton Commemoration — Explore 10 standards-based, interdisciplinary elementary, middle and commencement level instructional modules; also 3 scholarly overviews that focus on the broad historical themes of encounters between peoples, global trade, and commerce. http://www.emsc.nysed.gov/ciai/chf/chf.html
- Teaching the Hudson Valley — Their growing collection of free K-12 lesson plans uses significant Valley sites to teach math, science, history, art and other important school subjects. http://www.teachingthehudsonvalley.org
- Learning About the Hudson River Valley — Features a variety of lessons developed by our associates and through our summer teacher workshops. http://www.hudsonrivervalley.org/learninghome.php
- Navigating the Champlain Valley: Quadricentennial Curriculum — Multi-disciplinary curriculum to help educators of all kinds to bring this topic into the classroom. http://www.lcmm.org/navigating.htm
- Robert Fulton, Hudson River Steamboats, and the Clermont Steamboat — Contains descriptions and details of Robert Fulton’s life and his first steamboat voyage to Albany. http://www.hrmm.org/steamboats/fulton.html
Eduhound’s “Classroom Tools & Tips” is an EduHound newsletter that provides valuable ed tech resources to incorporate into K-12 curriculum. Educational topics, preformatted templates, technology tutorials, and practical tips are featured. Judi Rajala says she wants your help; let her know what topics you’d like covered, or offer templates of your own. email firstname.lastname@example.org
tutoring in Columbus OH: Adrienne Edwards 614-579-6021 or email email@example.com