other topics: click a “category” or use search box
Stenhouse Publishers produce professional development books and videos by teachers and for teachers. They promise that all of their titles are grounded in a philosophy of education that respects both teacher and learner. And all are designed to integrate theory, research and practice in an accessible manner.
But they also offer The Stenhouse Blog, a site for discussions about what books are being prepared, book reviews, podcasts, videos, and updates about authors.
Quick Tip Tuesdays
A new project is “Quick Tip Tuesday,” where each week a teaching technique or strategy will be offered by one of the authors. Already posted: “How to write a good ending;” “Independent reading with ELLs;” “Strategies for responding to student work;” “Creating a writing routine;” and “Find your storytelling voice.”
Poetry Fridays, and More
Most recent posts include:
- Poetry Friday: Mary Oliver’s “At the Pond” which takes us to www.orionmagazine.org
- Questions & Authors: Motivating students to read in the New Year
- Poetry Friday: Proud Son of an Honor Roll Student
- Poetry Friday: You Can’t Have It All
- Study group discussion: Of Primary Importance
- Author News
- Classroom Practice
- English Language Learners
- Poetry Friday
- Quick Tip Tuesday
- Teaching in the Content Areas
- Word Work
In addition there are author sites and a blogroll. This appears to be a valuable site. Visit http://blog.stenhouse.com
tutoring in Columbus OH: Adrienne Edwards 614-579-6021 or email email@example.com.