other topics: click a “category” or use search box
EduHound’s “Classroom Tools and Tips” for this week focuses on Health:
- Taking Notes on Global Health Students chart facts about global health. http://etgredirect.1105web.com/redirect.aspx?id=74
- LearntoBeHealthy.org This online science learning site is designed to help educators communicate important health concepts to children K-6. http://www.learntobehealthy.org/
- KidsHealth Timely topics that relate directly to health and quality of life. The section for each age group provides different, appropriate information. http://kidshealth.org.
- PE Central: Health Lessons A large number of health lesson ideas for you to use in your Health education program. http://pecentral.com/lessonideas/searchresults.asp?category=58
- National Institutes of Environmental Health Sciences Kids’ Pages Help kids make the connection between the environment and their health. http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/home.htm
- edHelper: Health Theme Units Directory of Health lesson plans on topics including: Alcohol, Circulatory System, Digestive System, Disabilities, Drugs, Hygiene, Nutrition, The Five Senses, and more! http://www.edhelper.com/Health.htm
- National Center for Health Education: Growing Healthy Features planned, sequential curriculum and activities that provide a sound framework for a comprehensive health education program. http://www.nche.org/growinghealthy_gradespecific.htm
Also this week a Teacher Trial of a new online visual thinking tool (Webspiration) that can help college students — and also business professionals– capture ideas, organize information, diagram processes and create clear, concise written documents. Join the public beta test at www.myWebspiration.com
source: Eduhound’s “Classroom Tools and Tips” online newsletter; you can subscribe or offer tech tips and suggestions for topics to Judi at JRajala@eduhound.com . Each newsletter also offers templates, tutorials and more.
tutoring in Columbus OH: Adrienne Edwards 614-579-6021 or email email@example.com