other topics: click a “category” or use search box
From EduHound’s “Classroom Tools and Tips” this week: sites for teaching maps and globes.
- MapMachine Student Edition: More than just maps, MapMachine Student Edition also has photos, facts, and fun. Here you can find the place you’re looking for — or get lost in the cultures, sights and sounds of the world. http://java.nationalgeographic.com/studentatlas
- WorldAtlas.com: Provides facts, flags and maps including every continent, country, dependency, island, major city, ocean, province, state and territory on the planet! http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/world.htm
- Education Place — Outline Maps: These world maps may be printed and copied for personal or classroom use. http://www.eduplace.com/ss/maps
- Map Lessons — The Route to Improved Geography Skills: Features lessons to teach all students about landforms, the global economy, maps from space and more! http://www.education-world.com/a_lesson/lesson287.shtml
- National Atlas: Federal source for national maps and geographic information that contains an online map maker, dynamic maps, printable maps, articles, free geographic data, and more. http://www.nationalatlas.gov
- USGS Education: Discover selected online resources, including lessons, data, maps, and more, to support teaching, learning, education (K-12) and university-level inquiry and research. http://education.usgs.gov/index.html
- TIME for Kids — Using Maps & Globes: Students will locate countries on a world map or globe. http://etgredirect.1105web.com/redirect.aspx?id=900
source: EduHound’s “Classroom Tools & Tips” newsletter, which also provides useful ed tech information and educational topics, templates and tutorials. Sign yourself up for the newsletter at JRajala@eduhound.com. Contact Judi Rajala with your own ideas for topics.
tutoring in Columbus OH: Adrienne Edwards 614-579-6021 or email email@example.com