other topics: click a “category” or use search box
Thanks to Eduhound Weekly: the Newsletter for Educators (www.eduhound.com) , some great sites for gathering information and doing research – or just satisfying your curiosity!
- Fact Monster: Free reference site for students, teachers, and parents. It offers homework help and facts on thousands of subjects, including sports, entertainment, geography, history, biography, education, and health. www.factmonster.com
- Internet Public Library: The place to go for all your general reference needs. Offers links to dictionaries, encyclopedias, almanacs, and other sites for homework help or just looking things up. www.ipl.org/div/subject/browse/ref00.00.00
- Bartleby.com: Combines contemporary and classic reference works into a comprehensive public reference library. www.bartleby.com/reference/
- Martindale’s Reference Desk: Links to reference resources includes language centers, calculators, maps, science tables and various countries. www.martindalecenter.com
- LibrarySpot.com: A collection of reference resources available online as well as a directory of public, academic, and special libraries worldwide. www.libraryspot.com
- Refdesk.com: A free and family-friendly Web site that indexes and reviews Web-based resources for quality, credibility and whether they are really current. www.refdesk.com
Every week subscribers to Eduhound Weekly get valuable information for teaching and learning. Go to www.eduhound.com for information about joining.
tutoring in Columbus OH: Adrienne Edwards 614-579-6021 or email email@example.com